View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Autoimmune Inflammatory Question on Muscle Pulls?

Hello,

Does anyone else with autoimmune inflammatory issues have problems with muscle pulls that seem to be caused when parts of the spine (neck, scapula, lower back, glutes) become aggravated? I get muscle pulls in my neck, scapula and lower back, glutes WAY too often. I experience one of these types of pulls that can set off a chain reaction where the other parts that I mentioned above get involved. Like they pull on each other.
I will have to wear lidocaine patches round the clock for several days to a week to get the nerves to settle down before I get some relief.
I was on Enbrel, then Humira for a number of years that prevented most of these pulls from occurring, but over the last 4 years they happened much more often each year until I discontinued the Humira in 2012. I am assuming that is when the neuropathy began to takeover and the Humira was not suppressing it as well.
Please let me know if you have an autoimmune inflammatory issue and neuropathy and if the doctors or yourself have made any correlation between the two and what you take for it.
I have ben tested for RA, came back negative, told by my RA doc that I do not have psoriatic arthritis.
Nervous1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote