View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to back terminology/MRI results

Hi, I'm new here and new to back pain. I've had it off and on for the past couple of years but since about September it has been a daily occurrence. It is mostly mid to upper back/neck pain. After getting looked at by my PCP and then a chiropractor I was referred for an MRI. I'm not totally sure what the results mean and have not yet met with my doctor, but I would like to have some idea of what I'm looking at! Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

FINDINGS:

Cerebellar tonsils are low lying, 6-7mm below the level of the foramen magnum. No evidence for cervical cord syrinx or other intrinsic cord signal abnormality is demonstrated. Minimal C2-C3 anterolisthesis, minimal C3-4 anterolisthesis, mild upper thoracic liver curvature present. Vertebral body heights are maintained. 1.6cm subcutaneous lesion left of midline at C4 level should be correlated clinically.

At C2-C3, no significant central canal or foraminal narrowing is seen.

At C3-C4, small right paracentral disc protrusion indents the thecal sac.

At C4-C5, no significant central canal or foramina narrowing is seen.

At C5-C6, no significant central canal or foramina narrowing is seen.

At C6-C7, no significant central canal or foramina narrowing is seen.

At C7-T1, no significant central canal or foramina narrowing is seen.

IMPRESSION:

No spinal canal or foramina stenosis, cord or nerve root impingement. Cerebellar tonsillar ectopia. Nocervical cord syrinx.

Any ideas of what this means in language that is a little more straightforward would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
molly123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote