Thread: Chills...???
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
Hi Guys!! Hope you are having a lower pain night. I am finally starting to feel a little better. Still having issues, but the incisions have finally stopped oozing. Now for the allergic reactions to clear up...ugh!

So I mentioned in an earlier post that I was fearing that my RSD is spreading to the incision site in my right front/side (where the thoracic battery was located). Been getting some awful sharp, shooting, burning pains in that area the past two days. I have also been getting chills, but on the right - front/side (near ribs), arm, hip. It is really weird feeling. And no, I am not running a fever when this is happening.

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced that?

Thanks!
Nanc
Hey Nanc,

I am sorry you are having such a rough time of it! Near the area of nerve damage that caused my CRPS II if I touch that area it will send an ice cold rush down that nerve path even though it feels as if the skin has been removed and someone is pouring alcohol or salt on it BURNING constantly. I really hope that is just your sensory nerves healing normally. One thing you might want to do right away is start desensitizing that area by touching and stroking it with a flat palm, soft cloth etc., this will help the nerves respond to good stimulation and can help reduce numbness that often occurs after surgery along the incision site. I remember my doctor telling me that spread should be treated as a new diagnosis and treated aggressively as soon as symptoms start. That is what I am doing with my arms and they haven't worsened as quickly as my opposite leg.

Sure hope you turn a positive corner soon!!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (01-22-2014), Nanc (01-22-2014), RSD ME (01-22-2014)