View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 12:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

As others have discussed to.....there are 2 major issues to consider:

How you will manage pregnancy. If you are lucky enough to go into remission with pregnancy, that's a plus. If you aren't that lucky, can you manage with only pregnancy safe meds for 9 months ? RSD can spread on it's own, but it often does after any other kind of injury. Both C-sections and normal vaginal births involve damaged tissues that could trigger a spread.

How you will manage the care of a child on top of your chronic pain issues. I haven't been able to manage household chores on a regular basis since I developed RSD. I can't get dressed or drive most days. I require 10+ hours of sleep or I have severe headaches. I could not manage the care of a newborn or small child. My children were older when my RSD hit and their lives have still been traumatized by this. It's almost 10 years now for me. In that time we haven't been able to invite anyone over because the house looks like something out of a Hoarder's episode. I wouldn't wish this on anyone's childhood. Are you still able to work outside the home and do some of the housework now ? Will you have A LOT of help, not just after the birth, but for years to come ? I'm assuming your new hubby is far more supportive than my jerk is, but is he fully committed to not just being supportive of you, but probably taking the reigns and managing many things that are "typically" the mom's job ?

There's a lot to consider. I hope that you and your husband make the best decision for your family.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote