View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 12:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Crown margin of the distal is not sealed

Hi

I got a crown about a year ago and it really hurts!

My gums surrounding the crown hurts and the tooth itself hurts and the jawbone even hurts.

It feels like there is a lot of space next to the tooth that wasn't there before the crown was put in. It hurts to eat using that tooth (#4) and that basically renders the entire right side of my mouth useless.

I've had to dig food out from next to it, or now that I've read a little bit about it, maybe I am digging food out from under it which would explain why it's so hard to accomplish, using toothpicks, pieces of paper and dental floss which I never had to do before I got this crown.

I've been to a second dentist who saw on the X-ray that "the crown margin of the distal is not sealed".

My dental inurance company has denied the claim to replace it stating that they will only replace a crown once every 5 years. I have filed a grievance since this tooth had no problems before the crown was put on it. I had no idea they don't cover replacement work completed by incompetent dentists.

I really can't imagine living with this problem for 4 more years.

I wasn't able to deal with it sooner because I was dealing with some other major health issues. (Hence neurotalk... Specifically hypopituitarism caused by a concussion that took much debilitation and about 3 years to diagnose properly.)

I sincerely feel duped by the dentist who recommended that I get the crown in the first place and then applied it wrongly to boot.

And I think she even submitted the forms wrong to my insurance company and told them I had this crown done on a different date than I actually did.

Any information that can be offered as to what exactly it means that "the crown margin of the distal is not sealed", how I can get the insurance company to replace it (since it hurts so much), or what will happen if I don't fork over money out of pocket to replace it is greatly appreciated.

I have every intention of yelping and posting a review of said incompetent dentist as soon as I hear back from my submitted grievance.

Thanks!

Last edited by EsthersDoll; 01-22-2014 at 10:56 AM.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote