Thread: RSD Spread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I wanted to thank all of you for your caring and helpful advice on rsd spread and fentanyl patches. I am really nervous about the spread, but am more scared about the fact that my pm group doesn't seem to be treating it right away. I don't have many pm drs to choose from in this area, but will have to do my research and see if I can find another one. And as for the fentanyl, I don't know if I want to try that either. I sort of want to wean off narcotics. I didn't know that was one of them. I don't know if I can do this with the increased spread and pain I have, but want to try to at least take less. I have to compare the two with my pm dr if I go back to him, and also look into the longer acting percs (if they have one, I think someone told me that there was, but I'm not sure. my memory is so bad these days). Maybe I can take less of percs if I take a time released one instead. My neurologist as well as some of you here have thought I was taking too many pills. My neurologist and gp have also recently said I should try to wean off the percs, xanax and neurontin too if I can. I'm going to try. My pm dr and pscyhiatrist said what I'm taking is okay. It's so confusing, but I can't help but feel that all the meds I'm taking are taking a toll on my stomach. I have to see my Gastroendrocronologist (sp?) today because of the terrible stomach pains that I have. I was up half the night again with stomach pain. I felt so nauseas. I wanted to trust my pm drs, but now I just don't know if I do anymore. Anyway, I'll see what my gastro dr today thinks is going on with my stomach. I'm soooo scared. I don't want to go and it's soooo cold out, but I can't cancel again. I have to face my fears. Thanks again for all of your support. I hope you all have a blessed day. Sincerely, Renee.