Thread: Chills...???
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 05:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Ouch, that does look sore....no wonder you've been going mad from the itching and irritation!

It's obviously completely up to you what stuff you try to help with the soreness. The only reason I've been pushing the honey is that I know how troublesome many of the meds are for you, and I thought it was something you could try without upsetting the balance too much... Whichever way you play it, I just hope whatever it is works for you!

The second one is definitely closing better. Thanks so much for posting these, I had no idea how major the SCS was, I've only read about it, and seeing your pictures certainly makes me appreciate why it's often seen as a risky decision with CRPS. I'm glad it helped you so much for that time though, as you say, getting that extra couple of years was worth all the aggro!

Lol on the muppetry thing you guys In our house, saying "you muppet" is a friendly way of pointing out that someone has messed up, haha, and "muppetry" is the art of messing things up without malice a forethought, as the courts would say... "Classic muppetry" means it's something that person has done previously and is well known for.....like for instance when I was halfway through cooking a tea tonight, but had forgotten to take the sausages out of the freezer...so my poor husband had to go and get some more!!!! Bless. My youngest told me I was a muppet first of all....as in 'oh Mum, you are a muppet sometimes...' in a slightly pitying way

Take care everyone, and Nanc, I'm glad I'd finished my tea before I looked at your pics Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Bram.
I guess I am a muppet too LOL...thanks for sharing that. It made me smile too

I most certainly appreciate every tip and suggestion from all. I am definitely going to look it to it more, I just keep forgetting...so frustrating!

Glad you finished your tea before looking at the pics The other two incisions on my back look about like the second pic posted (the first one is in the front and is the worst). The top incision on my back has this square around it where the tape was and broke me out. They all look a lot better.

SCS's sure are major, it is invasive and most don't realize it. I had both cervical and thoracic ones implanted at the same time, the dr and rep thought I was crazy. I told them do it at the same time or not at all. I only took off a week and a half from work...stubborn and hard-headed I know. I am glad I got some benefit from them, but am happy they are gone now.

Thanks again Bram!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (01-22-2014)