View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy82 View Post
I have found that my pain from symptomatic tarlov cysts in S1 and S2 increase when I sit down or stand up for extended periods of time (for me these days that's about half an hour or less ) so I'm currently avoiding that. I enjoy long walks with my dog at a good pace but walking through a mall and stuff like that is nearly impossible these days. I do find some pain relief in exercise, just getting my pulse up and using my body seems to help a bit but I avoid any exercises that involve lifting and stuff like that.

My question is - which kind of exercise is sensible to do to not risk making matters worse? What should be avoided?

I attend self-defence classes and have fun with that even though I only participate in half of the things they do but still I do get a blow to the body now and then. Would it be wise to discontinue this kind of exercise or are the risks of worsening the condition minimal?

I have tried googling but haven't found exactly what I was looking for... Thank you in advance for any advice, it'll be greatly appreciated
Dizzy82,

At this point, walking is the only exercise that won't cause a flare-up. Any twisting, bending, lifting or running will only cause you to have pain. I went from hiking, running and lifting every day to just walking now. You will need to make some lifestyle adjustments...at least for now.

Look into surgery...I'm glad I hadd mine.
Kim
hevnw8s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dizzy82 (01-23-2014)