View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi2014 View Post
Good Afternoon.

My daughter had a bipolar disorder and was very high functioning (working full time, going to graduate school, etc) and was then in a car accident. Since the accident, she is barely functioning. Her mood swings are more erratic, the depression is deeper and she is very irritable. She is unable to hold a job, had to take a leave from school and had to be hospitalized for med management. Nothing the psychiatrist is trying seems to work. Any one have any experience with this? I'm the mom and I am feeling helpless.
I think that a concussion definitely affects people with bipolar disorder, but I'm not a doctor or anything. I'm just going by personal experience.

I was diagnosed with bipolar about 8 years ago. After 5 years of being symptom-free, my doctor decided that I was wrongly diagnosed and removed my diagnosis of bipolar, replacing it with a diagnosis of anxiety.

Ever since I got my concussion, I have been dealing with mood swings that are out of this world. I usually control them pretty well, but last night, I completely lost it and was screaming for everybody to just get the :::insert bad word::: away from me. I never talk like that or even THINK like that, so that was very odd behavior for me. I also have mood swings out of the blue - I mean, literally out of nowhere, I will burst into tears and not even know why I'm crying.

I hope that your daughter feels like herself again soon.
MomWriterStudent is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote