View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Zookester, I actually stopped seeing my chiropractor b/c I feel like he made things worse. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I have ended up in this state at 37, I am just really fearful and scared about what to do next. I have the appointment with the neuro surgeon tomorrow and just filling out the paperwork makes me nervous. I have insurance etc through work, but I was born and raised in the UK and seeing so many questions about finances and stuff about certain things not being covered by insurance just makes me nervous. I am used to the NHS where it takes 6 months for anything to get done, but at least you know it is paid for

Although, I have been in the US for 14 years now..just nothing more serious than an appendectomy in that time

Anyways...my chiropractor saw my MRI results and said to me that he still thinks that he can fix things. My posture is pretty awful and he said with adjustments etc, he can free up the nerve.

A lady at work told me she had the same injury and was able to fix it through steroid injections and PT.

I'm not sure who to believe at this point, b/c I feel like the neuro surgeon will probably want to just do the fusion surgery thing, but then doesn't that leave me open to all sorts of problems down the road? A couple of people have told me that fusion surgery on c6 and c7 means the other discs will have issues later on?

Sorry for blabbering so much, but a few weeks ago I couldn't have even imagined being in a situation like this and suddenly it feels like I am falling apart.

Cheers guys.
kissiffer4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote