View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 12:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A new normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
So glad you brought this thread back to life.....the 2700 mg of gaba a day was making me crazy in the head and doing nothing at all for the symptoms in my feet. My neuro has lowered my gaba back to 1800 mg a day and started me on generic Cymbalta at 60 mg each night. It has been no help at all. I go back to him next Tues and expect him to increase the Cymbalta. I now think the SFN is spreading up my legs and my upper right arm....it's a deep aching pain. My fingers are now bothering me again and you are so right......this pain is just crazy ! I have absolutely no idea when I wake up every morning what type of day it will be.....a good one or bad one. Forget planning anything.....lol

I don't know if the meds are not helping because my feet are devoid of A and C fibers......0, zero, nothing there to regrow per my foot dr and neuro. I'm on vicodin for the pain and when it gets unbearable I add a Xanax to it and that seems to help. I do have an appointment at Emory Neuropathy Dept on March 25th and I am really hoping they can help me get some quality of life back. Any time my feet are on the floor it makes everything worse. I can now add 'stinging' to my list of symptoms. Man that hurts ! I just want to be able to clean my house, grocery shop and cook again. Never thought I'd miss cooking but I really do....my big family is missing it too

I don't know what I'd do without all of you on this site.....such nice people with so much info.

Debi from Georgia
Hey St George I don't like this new state either and it's really hard to accept it as the new (hopefully temporary) normal. I tried so hard in the beginning to go to work, be happy around people, brush aside my problems until bang! my body won over. In my worst phase I could not turn a key in the door, light the stove, do my buttons, hold my knife or a pen properly, type and I couldn't stand up - Showering and toilet were awful. This list has gradually changed to a few cans so I totally share your silent question Will this pass? But it slowly is. I can do my buttons, am writing better, typing ok, using my knife better and can stand up without a stick and without wobbles. When I saw my neurologist initially she said my feet had left the building - I guess that's why she put me on Intragam without hesitation. I will see her in February and ask if its ok to name her here. Perhaps she could share her results with neurologists in the States! I know I did eat peanuts because they have inositol in them and this is supposed to help nerve impulses. My feet and hands were numb for at least 4 months but now they are stinging. I tell myself that my nerves are waking up because they are painful and for me this makes me carry the problem a little easier. I miss the outdoors as I can't drive at the moment and not yet confident to get out on my own so I try to open every door to conversation that I can. Keep fighting the good fight - I also pray that this will pass for us both and when it does, we'll be leaping with joy!
aggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antonina (01-23-2014)