Thread: Cold Weather
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirky View Post
Hi and thanks for the info. I see an orthopedic next week. Yes I do have the fuzzing in my feet and it seems to be steadily increasing in intensity. I have come home for tests in Scotland and hope when I go back to CA that the weather there will help and take away that problem. If I can use flip flops or walk in bare feet they seem to e more tolerable.

My condition: Mild Motor and Sensory Axonal Polyneuropathy.

I am at a loos for really what to do. My work requires me to be on my feet and active. Can I continue to hind this in my line of work which is the world of sport? My belief is that if I still try and use my legs and these muscles then this may hold back atrophy? But am I cause more damage than good? I know I must move more into the management part of my work.
I will repost this just to reassure you- you will not injure yourself by exercising. You may strengthen the muscles which are not atrophying, which is a help as they will have to compensate for the ones which are. There is no way to prevent the atrophy in the affected muscles as this is caused directly by the nerve deterioration, which you cannot control.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (01-23-2014)