View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,

Most of us here, if not all, are living with chronic pain. As Mark wrote; it changes us. Often, we don't realize how even our personality changes. I know the days my pain is better; I am more upbeat; then "boom"; back up high on the # scale.

Just wondering if the fusion might be the way to go; and hopefully, the Paddle might not be necessary. But, of course, that would mean Not doing the paddle in the same surgery.
And...a wait and see whether the pain has subsided enough.

As previously mentioned; I had an unsuccessful trial and never did the SCS implant. I also have a lot of scar tissue which would lessen the success of an implant.

But, with the Oxycontin/Percocet, etc., at least I am able to control the pain enough to get thru most days without being in tears. It did take some time to come to an amount to adequately control the pain which meant upping the dose on some of these meds. I have been on my current dose for the past few years. The dependency on these meds is really dependency on lessening the pain; not addiction. There is "no high". The pain sees to that;
but dependent on lessening the pain..."yes".

Pam; you are really very important to all those who love you. And; just reading your posts; it is understandable. You are quite the trooper.

Prayers are with you.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-25-2014), moosey2me (02-10-2014), PamelaJune (01-23-2014), Rrae (01-23-2014)