Thread: working
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am techincally still a mystery as far as diagnosis goes, but LEMS is high on the list of diagnosis.. I am on the go in my job as well, and in the 6 months leading to my crash, I got to the point where I coudln't work.. I was unable to even hold my arms up to the keyboard due to shoulder weakness, I couldn't stand up for more than a few seconds, walking was difficult and talking (slurry speech) and breathlessness while talking made my job impossible.. it wasnt' until I totally crashed and ended up in the hospital getting IVIG that things turned around.. after the 2nd round of IVIG and a few weeks rest I was back at work full time again.. If I go too long without IVIG i can't function at work.. It keeps me alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham0968 View Post
I have not been diagnosed yet. I do have all of the symptoms. I was wondering who all on here works and how is that going. I am not working right now because my job required lifting and I can not do it. I am in school. I have two quarters till I finish. I am having problems with it but determined to finish. I will be working as a teacher or teacher asst to young children if I feel that I can not be lead teacher because of medical issues. I was wondering what your experience is if you still working, had to quit working or had to change jobs because of mg.
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote