View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysf View Post
Welcome and congratulations on your surgery success. That's great to hear.

If you don't mind sharing, how long ago did you have the surgery and who was your doctor? Also, how long did you have symptoms before you had surgery?

Take care,
Kelly
Hi Kelly,
I had surgery for NTOS in August 2011 on the left side. First rib and anterior scalene muscle removed. I still have some minor neck issues (which I think was the start of this whole thing) but just in the neck. No longer do I feel like I have been stabbed in the thoracic outlet area with a knife. I had symptoms for 9 months but they rapidly progressed to the point of being unbearable. I had migraines for the first time ever. I had nausea, dizziness, a lot of pain and periodic numbness/tingling in my arm/hand. I lost 30 pounds from not being able to eat. People thought I had cancer as I was so thin. I had palpitations. I saw a Neurologist, Cardiologist, PT, had MRIs of the brain, neck, chest, and a TOS chest CT. I saw Dr. Donahue at MGH in Boston which is where I'm from. I think I am lucky as I didn't have symptoms as long as some people. I had a long recovery process like most. The first week was really painful post op.
Now, I have none of those things. None. It's amazing to look back and think about it as I can't believe how sick I was.
emcd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
elap (01-23-2014)