Thread: New to group
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 05:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcd View Post
Hi Kelly,
I had surgery for NTOS in August 2011 on the left side. First rib and anterior scalene muscle removed. I still have some minor neck issues (which I think was the start of this whole thing) but just in the neck. No longer do I feel like I have been stabbed in the thoracic outlet area with a knife. I had symptoms for 9 months but they rapidly progressed to the point of being unbearable. I had migraines for the first time ever. I had nausea, dizziness, a lot of pain and periodic numbness/tingling in my arm/hand. I lost 30 pounds from not being able to eat. People thought I had cancer as I was so thin. I had palpitations. I saw a Neurologist, Cardiologist, PT, had MRIs of the brain, neck, chest, and a TOS chest CT. I saw Dr. Donahue at MGH in Boston which is where I'm from. I think I am lucky as I didn't have symptoms as long as some people. I had a long recovery process like most. The first week was really painful post op.
Now, I have none of those things. None. It's amazing to look back and think about it as I can't believe how sick I was.
great story-another good rec for dr. donohue!
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote