View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 05:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifthespiritmovesme View Post
Sorry I've been off here for a bit. There's a Mom's Organic Market near my daughter. When I go up there next time, I'll take a good look at their health and beauty stuff.

I am pretty careful about what I eat, and, yes! it's ridiculous all what contains gluten! Mostly I eat meat (local, organic and not grain-fed) and veggies and fruit, nuts, seeds, etc. I try to include flax, chia and hemp in most things I prepare. I have GF bread in the freezer, but don't eat much of it.

I would be in bad shape if I was allergic to shea! My son-in-law is from Ghana, where they make it, and they often give me a few pounds of it. I make my soap with it, and use it as a body moisturizer. My skin is so dry, it drinks it right up.
Hey there! Hopefully you can find something at MOM's!

It is good you are careful about what you eat and that you can eat veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot eat much in the way of fruits and veggies and no nuts. I have interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome) and cannot eat that stuff. So, in addition to avoiding gluten, I have a huge list of foods to avoid because of IC...too complicated.

It is awesome that you get all that shea and can make your own soap! I was at a women's show and there was a booth there that had pure shea, I broke out from it It makes me mad because it is in so much stuff!
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote