View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
That is a good question...I am so deficient in potassium, vitamins D & B12. I take D3 drops and get monthly B12 injections. Because most food makes me sick, potatoes were like my safe food. Well, I have to avoid them now because of my bladder. Also can't have chocolate (argh!) and tea...I love iced tea Hopefully you can keep your chocolate!!
Good Lord! You can't eat anything "healthy" for you. Will this ever get better for you? I sure hope so. I was deficient in B12...got shots for several months, then oral. I went gluten free and now B12 is soaring. That was part of this puzzle for me. Now tackling my whacked thyroid. I don't think chocolate affects that..hehe.

Seriously, though - I can't imagine going through all you do and maintaining my sanity. God, what a pity party I would have - constantly! People didn't used to have all these complicated allergy/immune problems. I think modern life and all we are exposed to is making people (and animals, and bugs....) sick. Not to mention GMO foods. I have so many chemical and metal sensitivities. If I smell certain odors, my windpipe starts closing up.

Eliminating gluten has drastically improved my health, but my thyroid is not right. I will be tested for antibodies in a week or so, and hopefully begin a better medication therapy. I just raised heck in a letter to the hospital director where I get my care, as I have had thyroid problems for years, but the minimal testing they do shows fine. In August (after suffering for 40+ years) they tested Free T4 and Free T3. Both are in the basement. What do you know......I do have a problem.....

I'll keep you in my prayers, maybe they'll help get you feeling better. I sure hope so. Take good care of you.
Nanc (01-23-2014)