View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Results from Enterolab-bummed

Well, I received my results from Enterolab, and all of my antibodies are higher. I am in a state of shock, and bummed. Just couldn't believe that these were my results.

I have been gluten free since May 05. Here are the original results, and the progression of since that time:

Antigliadin IgA 11 (05) 06(06) 30(07)
tTG IgA 12 (05) 13(06) 32(07)
Fat 91 (05) 279(06) 535(07)
Casein IgA 07 (05) 12(06) 44(07)
Egg 06 (05) 05(06) 10(07)
Yeast 10 (05) 10(06) 08(07)
Soy NA (05) 10(06) 26(07)

I definitely have been on a GF diet, and while I didn't go completely CF, I did cut it down considerably - instead of daily dairy, subsituted Almond Milk, and cut my cheese intake from several slices a day to a couple of slices a week, plus there was some whey in a bar that I ate, but I was also eating that bar in 05. Was eating a lot of gluten in 05 also.

In Sept of 06, a doc prescribed digestive enzymes for me, and I was also rx'd a compounded medication which I take daily. Called the pharmacy and they assure me that it is rice based filler.

My calling around and checking and rechecking everything this past 1.5 weeks, has not indicated anything other than the digestive enzyme contains something called SOD, and the one vitamin place said that their skin cream contained SOD which had wheat in it. The company that manufacturers the digestive enzymes, state that their enzymes are GF and yet I am able to find in a couple of places where the SOD could be detrimental to someone who is GS. I called the company before I started them.

While I realize that there are many more things in life that are much worse than my antibodies being elevated, I am at a loss as to why this has happened.

While the house is not GF, he is a health care professional also, and understands cross contamination. He is very respectful of my needs, so I don't think that is the cause.

Thanks for listening while I vent, and try to figure out what is going on.

A special thanks to Anne.

Marilyn (right now the cranky broad)
canoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote