Thread: Please Help
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Bengiardina,

What are you using to clean out the socket with? Are you rinsing with anything? Do you smoke? It is not a good idea to disturb the socket too much. Did you see an oral surgeon for these extractions or just a general dentist?

It is normal to have a foul breath odor for a couple of weeks after an extraction because it is an open wound in your mouth. But sometimes it can also indicate an infection.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengiardina View Post
Hello, two weeks ago I had a horrible toothache. My dentist pulled out my back lower left wisdom tooth and another one on the same side up 2. I have been in pain for 2 weeks since. I had shards of bone coming out of my gums about 10 days after extraction, also my jawbone was sticking out like the size of a pea. He cut my gum and pulled out some more prices of bone and also sanded down jaw. He then stitched it up. Now days later I'm still in excruciating pain. I personally think my wisdom tooth has a dry socket, but dentist says no. I've tried everything. The thing that really worries me is that I still smell a foul odor whenever I clean out my wisdom socket. It's horrible. I've been out of work for 2 weeks, lack of sleep. Painkillers do nothing. I've tried everything. Where do I go from here?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote