View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Prednisone Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needananswer View Post
PS This is merely my opinion, but I would run from Prednisone. The long term side effects are not fun. In the beginning it makes you feel so much better until the side effects kick in (some of which are not reversible).

There are safer treatments if you ask me. I would encourage you to talk to your dr ab a steroid sparing agent like Imuran, Methotraxate and/or IVIG etc....
I will be seeing my neurologist on February 3rd and will speak to him about my MG drug choices. I used the new schedule Thursday, and I think I had good results. I wont know about any improvement on sleep for one or two days. Although I started the day with labored speech, which got worse a few hours into my taxi-driving shift, by 10:00 p.m. my symptoms were noticeably less sever. By the end of the shift at 3:00 a.m. I was very strong. This was the first time since I was diagnose in November 2013 that I was stronger at the end of the shift than I was at the beginning. I wonder if it is too early to declare that I am cured.

Thanks to all for the valuable information above.

-Mark-

Last edited by Panorama; 01-24-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote