View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
Thanks for responding. When I wrote the comment about the Senemet, I hadn't read any comments at all on the board. I was just basing my thoughts on reading some articles. Yes, I will be getting some books. I think I need to go to a place like Barnes and Nobles that let you sit and look at a book before you decide you want it. When I found out I had MS, I bought tons of books and only a few were helpful. So i will sit in one of their easy chairs and browse through some before buying. But we need to see the doctor first.
ok, do what you want.
i have also looked at tons of books and picked those 2. haven't been to a barnes and noble in a long time but i doubt they have many pd books. the first book is cheap enough used that i wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
if you are looking at alternative treatments, let me say that the internet is loaded with claims that this and that supplement/food helps, that getting l-dopa from natural sources is better, i'm sure the same is true for MS. When i was first diagnosed i scanned the internet daily for some magic bullet and tried a lot of things, chelation therapy, IV glutathione, 1200mg co-q10 and i still progressed. The one thing that i think might have slowed progression was vigorous exercise.
not everyone can do that but i have just seen too many people with pd benefitting from the social(mental) and health benefits of exercise and recommend it as part of your basic therapy. a friend of mine sees a neuro who says he recommends a drug regime that enable you to exercise and socialize, the benefits will far outweigh the side affects. that said, i suggest you also look for pd support groups and exercise programs, tai chai is highly recommended but so is dance, spinning, treadmill, weights. it's easy for a pd'er to recede into a shell cuz your're not your old self.

check out "pedaling for parkinson's"
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nan Cyclist (01-24-2014), Thelma (01-28-2014)