View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi, my neuropathy was digagnosed about 1 year ago. A little time, a few months, before that I was diagnosed with autoimmune leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I have been treated for this autoimmune condition with Plaquinil at first, then Methatrexate. I have had some treatment with Prednisone for periods of times for flare ups.
The small fiber neuropathy started to get much worse 1 year ago and I have been treated for those symptoms with Lyrica and Amitripthyline.
My rheumathologist have been testing me for all different autoimmune diseases in addition to the small vessel vasculitis. All of them have come out negative.
But I have started to have more joint pain now , with some swelling etc. I had some Ex rays done.
My rheumatologist said she thinks perhaps I have rheumatoid arthritis. I know the RH factor blood test and ESR was negative.
My rheumatologist said that perhaps I got the neuropathy, and more of the arthritis are showing up now. I have migratory joint pain in wrists, fingers, shoulder knees and feet/ankles.

The neuropathy is a burning pain all over. Some times when the neuropathy flares up, I have PARESTHESIA IN ARMS WITH PIN AND NEEDLES, and the musles feels like MUSLE SPASM. aT THEESE TIMES, i ALSO FEEL AS IF THERE IS PULLING IN MY MUSLES FROM MY NECK AND ALL DOWN ALONG THE SCAPULA. I DEFIND THESE SYMPTOMS AS MUSLE SPASM, and I think it is due to the neuropathy.
So I was thinking, you asked if any one else had theese symptoms. Yes, I do have inflamatory issues, and neuropathy
The pulling and spasm often requires massage for relief.
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote