View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 07:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I submitted my grievance in just under one year's time to the insurance company. This crown was installed on Jan 26 of 2013.

Unfortunately, the dentist submitted the paperwork for this crown as if she had completed it in Dec of 2012 - which was wrong. I complained about it at the time to her, but she said it would be fine and I truly didn't have the energy to argue with her.

I had two other crowns done, one in Dec and the other when this one was done.

She wanted to do this one and one other in Dec but I wanted the one that was actually causing me a great deal of nerve pain to be done first. So she just submitted the paperwork for them incorrectly, in reverse order.

I did return to her office within only a few days after getting this one done and complained about this tooth and she just ground it down - it was cutting into my cheek.

She just told me to return if I still had trouble, but I was still having trouble, she just wouldn't listen to me about it.

Just getting it installed was such an arduous process and she had a significant amount of trouble with it. I've never had such a rough experience with a crown or a dental procedure before. Something was wrong with this one from the get go.

I don't trust her anymore and I don't want her to replace it. Period.

She didn't listen to me when I returned to her office about it. She didn't listen to me when I complained about it on the very day it was done or when I returned to her office within that week.

Frankly, since my speech was very messed up, I believe she treated me like I was stupid and didn't listen to me much at all about anything.

When I was going through getting tests done to see whether I had hypopituitarism caused by a concussion that was causing me the ongoing speech and cognitive issues she recommended that I see a psychiatrist! Instead of pursuing the testing I needed to be diagnosed! It seemed as though she thought I was making it all up because she had never heard of the condition before.

I went ahead and got the testing completed and it proves that I have pituitary dysfunction caused by the concussion and I'm on hormone therapy which is why I'm finally doing so much better now.

Needless to say, I am upset about the whole thing. It's like just one more thing that I can add to a long list of things that went wrong because I was ill from an auto accident that was some guy's fault who wasn't paying attention on the road.

Anyway, this dentist was not a very good dentist and if I had had the energy to look for a better one at the time then I definitely would have.

She recommended I get a ton of crowns (four that I can remember, maybe more) - I got three with her that I can remember, but this one that's causing me trouble was the last one, the third one, that I got with her.

Only one of those three teeth she put crowns on was giving me any kind of problem - it hurt a great deal and now it doesn't since I got the crown installed.

I told her I wouldn't get the last crown, the fourth one, that she insisted I needed after she did this last one that I hate.

The dentist I recently saw, who saw on the x-ray that this one needs replacing says I don't need any more crowns at all. He says my mouth and teeth are in great shape, other than needing this one replaced. So now I am wondering if I ever really needed this third one at all, or the second one she did.

I definitely understand how important it is for me to get this crown replaced and I will do so even if the insurance company denies my grievance. But it's expensive!

Thank you so much for your reply again.

I'll keep you posted.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote