View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Swelling after root canal

Hi, i've been reading alot of these posts and i have a bit of an issue with a RC i just had done yesterday.

I've had others done in the past that didnt cause much pain afterwards but this one is causing alot of swelling in my lower jaw.

On monday the dentist saw me and i knew i had an abcess under the tooth which he confirmed so he put me on antibiotics which i took right away and havent missed a dose.

He started the first phase of "cleaning" out the dead tissue yesterday but didnt do or say anything with the abcess other than it looked better than monday.

fast forward to this morning and I have alot of swelling/pain and i had to go to work which was some lifting involved and i've been taking pain meds (otc) all day and iced a bit but the swelling had stayed the same.

I'm just wondering, i'm supposed to go back thursday to finish but when should I start to worry about the swelling if it persists? Should I just remove the tooth at this point?

I feel like i want to just yank it and be done, i did that with a few others and i'm happy with it.

any help/advice appreciated
robit86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote