View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
Well, once I eliminate all the high oxalate foods and the "avoid" foods on the IC diet for a while, I can reintroduce foods one and a time. I have to figure out which are my trigger foods and which do not trigger pain. I am just startting the process. It is very complicated because some foods that are safe on the IC diet contain high oxalates...they contradict each other. So, hopefully eliminating everything will not be permanent. I have gastroparesis (slow digestion) which is common in folks with RSD. I cannot tolerate some of the safe foods on both low oxalate and IC diet lists....like certain apples and bananas. SOOOO FRUSTRATING!! I am allergic to pork, shellfish and some fishes (my throat closes). Because of the pork allergy, there are so many meds and supplements that I cannot take (no gelatin). My mom says that I get all the allergies from dad's side of the family. He and his mom had so many allergies...crazy! It does amaze me how people nowadays have so many issues. It is truly insane!

Did you get tested for the metal and chemical sensitivities? I had allergy testing numerous times with allergists, but they only test environmental and foods. The dermatologist tested some other things and found an ingredient in creams or cosmetics that I reacted to (urea). I think I have other sensitivities/allergies but don't know how to find out.

Elliminating gluten definitely has improved things for me too. How do I stay sane?? I have no idea...lol. My husband is really a gift. He helps me make it thru everyday. I had to stop working in Dec 2012, I receive disability now. It was the hardest thing for me to do, but I just couldn't handle it any longer. I had to stop and take care of myself for a change. Always put myself last.

Glad you fought about the testing. Wow, it is unbeleivable to be having problems that long and not get tested properly. I never heard of free T3 & T4, had to look it up. Glad you don't have to give up chocolate...whew! Hope you can get a handle on your thyroid soon!

Thanks for the prayers, will take all I can get Sending some back your way. Take care, Nanc
I'm glad you will be able to start adding things back in to your food list. That is just WAY too complicated for me! I haven't investigated if any other foods bother me. I would say that nothing seems to bother me, but I didn't know gluten bothered me till I gave it up and noticed the HUGE difference it made in my energy, sleep, pain and stiffness. I may have to give up some foods for my thyroid - we'll see after I get all these tests run.

I'm a veteran and get care at the VA. They won't do allergy testing.

I am having a fight with them about getting the tests I need for my thyroid. If you don't fit precisely into one of their normal little boxes, they don't want to help you. In the past 6 months, I have learned so much about it, and unfortunately, I now know more about my problem than my Endo. doc does! That's sad.....

Well, Girl, I gotta go to bed....Hope you have a good night.
Nanc (01-24-2014)