View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Me tortoise! You hare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Well it's morning here in GA anyway And a cold morning....about 24 degrees out there and will be 15 degrees in the morning. On mornings like this I'm thankful that I don't work...lol

It's been 9 1/2 months since the SFN symptoms started and I'm pretty much the same now as I was then. It is in my legs and one of my upper arms but I'm not going to ever stop trying to find something that works for me. I've come to realize it just takes time. I started on gaba and now he's added Cymbalta as I mentioned above.....he'll keep increasing it until it helps or makes me crazy.....I'm assuming if the Cymbalta doesn't work he'll take me off that and try Lyrica. I will probably be at Emory by that time. My onco told me to keep seeing my neuro until I could get in to Emory so that is what I'm doing.

I did a lot of moving around this past weekend (my mom built an addition on to our home and we're working on getting her moved in) and now I'm paying for it. The worst is the outside of my left foot....always slightly swollen and when I am on it too much it swells worse and the pain is unbearable. I've had it x-ray'd and seen a ortho who said it was tendinitis......I just think it has to do with my SFN.

My balance is ok but I walk very slowly and watch my feet most of the time. I walk like a 100 year old....actually they may do better than me !

Okie Dokie......y'alls turn to reply.

Debi from Georgia
LOL to your last comment. My parents are 80 years old and my Dad has Parkinsons and even they could out walk me! So embarrassing! We are averaging 30 plus temperatures at the moment and would love a cool change. I was thinking about posting a brief summary e.g timeline / time cycle about my progress and wondering if it would be helpful at all? I have also posted a poem in "Creative corner" for you! Aggie
aggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote