Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey there, I've had this horrible beast of a disorder for 10 yrs. The first 5 to 6 yrs I had stabbing, burning pain that never went away. The last 4 yrs its gotten worse. Remember everyone is different on how their CRPS reacts, and feels. My pain has not been below a 7 in these 10 yrs. After the birth of my oldest son (he's 2 1/2 now) I started getting the blowtorch on my bone pain, and like someone had placed a fully loaded big rig on my leg. When I'm in aflare or have oover done it I'm at a 10, on a normal day I'm a 6-8. Start taking Vitamin C every day, and when your having swelling take a hot epsom salt bath. You can also make it into a compress and put it on your arm and shoulders. Use the good old fashion stuff not the scented ones. If they send you to PT do not let them use ice. Ice is bad and a big no no for us. Yes insomnia is an issue with us too. I try to take a nap when both my sons do. Sometimes I can and sometimes not so much. Before getting pregnant a 2nd time I was only getting 3 to 4 hrs on a good night, on a bad 30 to 40 minutes. Also the old adage of " Use it or lose it" is real for us. Try to do some form of exercise when you can. Chasing your LO and playing with him/her will help with rom. I chase my oldest and play with him as much as I can when I'm not in a flare. I wish you the best of luck. I know how hard it is to hurt so much and still care for your little goobers.
Allanira is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote