View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroones View Post
No one has. Does it ever get better and does any memory game help? My moode is up and down i cry really easy and get mad over stupid things it makes my job really hard to deal with.
Yes, it does get better, if you "work" at it. I put "work" in quotes because it doesn't take a lot, just a few minutes a day. One of my new goals is to sit down for a few minutes and write down my ideas/thoughts on note cards so that I can improve my ability to put my thoughts into words and then structure those thoughts. I tend to have spaghetti brain, which makes it difficult to communicate with others at times

I found this site with free games on it. I need to play games like the Spiderman game to increase my verbal fluency, although I suck at them. In general the games that are the hardest are probably the ones you need to do the most
http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/brain-games.html

I'm listening to the audiobook, The Tipping Point, which provides different examples of how little things make a big difference. I have experienced that to be true in my own life, small changes lead to big changes over time, if you just stick with it, hence why it is better to start with little things, like doing 10 minutes of activity (be it walking the dog, formal exercising or dancing around the kitchen to your favorite song) or listening to an upbeat playlist on the way to work to get your energy up, or smiling at one new person every day. Those things add up over time.

Thanks for helping me remember that, because writing that out has helped me better understand how powerful that has been in my own life.
MegAlfOCon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jroones (01-26-2014)