Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 05:45 PM
anon6715

anon6715

Hi Kristin

I'm sorry you have cause to be here but I'm glad you found us. I have only had CRPS for just over a year now. I'm still trying to figure it out (well, I'm actually trying to ignore it most of the time but that doesn't really work).

I developed it following surgery on my right wrist. I now have CRPS in my entire right arm, wrist and hand.

I think the symptoms vary quite a bit from person to person. My experience is that the symptoms also vary from day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. I do have the burning symptom. It varies in intensity and moves around the affected limb.

I also have frequent sharp pains and crushing pains. I frequently have the feeling of spike being thrust into my arm repeatedly.

I don't really know how to rate my pain on a scale of 1 to 10. My pain is always severe enough that I am never able to block it out; it is always in my conscious awareness. I have sharp pains that literally take my breath away and buckle my knees. My pain also keeps me from sleeping properly. I struggle to fall asleep and then wake up repeatedly throughout the night.

I find that heat packs and Epsom salt baths help. Try to keep moving. I have regained a lot of mobility through physiotherapy and also using my hand and arm as normally as I can.

Compared to most people here, I'm very much a newbie though. The others will have much better advice for you. They are all lovely and super supportive.

Take care.

Kim
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (01-26-2014)