Thread: Low-grade fever
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I recommend that you see an endocrinologist to see if your hormones are out of whack.

Try to see an endo who is up to date about the latest concussion research in regards to the pituitary gland - it's called post-traumatic hypopituitarism and there are a lot of recent articles about it being more common than previously thought and that concussions can cause it. But not all endos "get it".

My body temperature was not normal and neither was my tolerance of temperature changes. They finally figured out my pituitary gland was not functioning correctly after the concussion I sustained in an MVA and now I'm taking supplemental hormones and I'm doing much better and my body isn't having hot and cold flashes like I was before.

Typically, if someone's pituitary gland isn't functioning well due to a concussion, then the problem usually resolves itself within the first year. If it is due to that, and it lasts over one year's length of time, then it could get worse. It could get worse rapidly or slowly, like over ten years time.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (01-28-2014), SCBTMARTIN (01-25-2014)