Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks

Hey everyone,
Thank you so much for the replies. I guess I will be headed out for some vitamin c. My last 3 days have been horrible. My MIL was in town for 2 weeks so she did all of the cleaning and helped a lot with my son, so I kind of had a break and forgot how much pain I really am in daily. It's soooo hard when u have a 2 year old who only wants you. He won't let my husband do anything for him. I have been taking the baths. They do help a bit but it is short lived for sure. I am glad to hear that the pain varies per person. Which should hVe been a no brainer for me being in the healthcare industry. But when it comes to yourself your brain doesn't work properly.
Does anyone go to support groups for this? My husband doesn't get it. I think he thinks because I am not crying and unable to walk ( which happens at the worst of times) then I must be fine. I try not to complain to him because I don't want to sound like a broken record. I have printed off the letter from rsd hope for families and had him read it. But to be honest he barely looked at it. So I thought maybe a support group would be good for me since I can't really talk to him. I am also in the process of finding a psychologist who deals with chronic pain patients.
So, big question here. I am almost out of my percocets. My neurosurgeon will not prescribe me any more because it has been over a year since my surgery. My PM appt isn't until February 11. I usu only take them at night to get a couple hours of sleep and only during the day for flares ( which sadly I had to take 3 today). So once I run out are there any suggestions at least for getting so e sleep? I have tried ambian, melatonin, and an herbal sleep medication none of those helped without the pain med.
thanks again. It is nice to be able to talk to others who understand.
KristinB77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (01-26-2014)