Thread: exercise
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 06:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham0968 View Post
Do you or can you personally exercise with mg. I am asking from each of you as an individual. I use to exercise a lot. I did lower body and light weights upper body. I never have had upper body strength. Now if I do a little exercise my legs get weak and feel like I am caring weights on my legs or walking in cement. I was wondering how I can exercise still with muscle problems. Do I just exercise and then relax my legs for days or what. Do I need to just wait till I get rights meds..Just looking for your view?
I asked my doctor if it was OK if I started to exercise. He said yes. You should ask your doctor first, but getting your medication schedule to work for you is very important. I will be posting a thread on this topic very soon.

I bought three sets of neoprene hand weights, 2 lbs, 3 lbs, and 5 lbs. I also order a treadmill. I will use the weights alone and with the treadmill. I plan to start walking at first, gradually moving to jogging, and then running. I work nights, so it is not convent for me to go outside for walking and running. Also the tread mill's running track is much softer than the outside ground.

I did a bit of research and decided on the following:

http://www.xterrafitness.com/treadmi...trail-racer-66

Here is a link to Xterra's line of treadmills for comparison:

http://www.xterrafitness.com/treadmills

They have a promotion until the end of the month. If you spend $998 you also get the Xterra UB1.5 Upright Bike for free , a flywheel exercise bike. These sell for $230 at Overstock. They charge $20 for the free exercise bike to cover the cost of headlining. I don't have room for the bike, so I'm giving it to a friend.

They ship the tread mills for free at the basic level, but this is only curb service. It weights around 275 pounds. You can pay for better shipping options.

Take care,

-Mark-
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote