Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 08:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Darlin I understand the 2 yr old only wanting mommy thing. Thats how mine is . My husband is only here on weekends and holidays right now because he is stationed 4 hrs away at another base. We're a military family. I went undiagnosed fodr almost 9 1/2 yrs. I have been on and off narcotics for 10 yrs. I know what you mean about almost being out of the 1 thing that takes the edge off your pain. I just started a new PM dr and we won't prescribe them at the first appt. Also you have to sgn a narcotics agreement. I don't go to support groups because the closest ones are 1 to 2 hrs away. I do have a vet's support group om facebook I am a member of, and this one. They do help. You can vent on here as much as you need to. You can also find useful info about new treatments, and old ones too. I really do understand where you're coming from. My husband doesn't quite understand either. He's been with me since before getting this "oh so wonderful" disorder till now. He has seen me fighting for treatment, a diagnosis, and more VA disability, but he still doesn't quite get it. One thing you can do with your son is have him play on the floor beside the couch, and have snacks ready to hand for him. Mine still takes a nap around noon, and while he's napping and if my 1 month old is willing I take a nap too. I also have my in laws in town so they take my 2 yr old to the park, and wear out some of his energy. This is a hard disorder, but there are ways of making it a bit easier. I also have my son climb up on the couch instead of me picking him up. He is adapting very well to my limitations. He also helps with picking up and cleaning.
Allanira is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (01-26-2014)