View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 10:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Russell,

I have been on Amitriptilyne along with Gabapentin which is similar to Lyrica. The Amitriptilyne was given to me to help with sleep and fight depression that often affects us. I've recently learned to take it several hours before going to bed instead of at bedtime like I was doing and that little adjustment seems to be helping a little more. I don't honestly know how much it helps for the pain really but it does help with sleep and moodiness that follows lack of sleep. I also take Gabapentin in the morning and then a double dose at night because of the side effects Gaba can cause during the day (mental cloudiness, dry mouth, nausea and sleepiness).

One thing I've learned from my doctors is that not all meds help with "all" the different types of pain that CRPS can throw at us. In fact I gave up on trying to medicate the lightning bolt type pain after several doctors said that was one symptom they haven't had much success in treating. Knowing this has helped me communicate more effectively with my doctors so that when we discuss meds, we first discuss the exact type of pain that seems to be the worst at the time and treat that specifically if we can. This is where keeping a journal and being as descriptive as possible can really help.

I hope you are able to find something less expensive that helps you!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Russell (01-26-2014)