View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dental nerve damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Johnsonsyard,

I'm sorry to hear about your oral surgery debacle. FYI, I am a huge believer in Chinese medicine/acupuncture and homeopathy.

Based on your description of when the pain started up again there could be a few things going on. One is the jaw bone may have osteonecrosis or NICO. Please google those words for information on it. Secondly and this could be alone or in conjunction with NICO, you may not have any bone covering the alveolar nerves, only gum tissue. So when something like a denture rubs against that gum tissue there is nothing to protect it from the pressure of the denture.

I am afraid that I do not know of a homeopathic remedy that would "cure" this pain as it is an anatomical problem and without the protection of the bone over the nerves any stimulation in that area is going to set it off.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. Is the denture a partial of full denture?

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for your reply . My Denture is a partial Denture as I still have a few of my own teeth at the front. The teeth on my last Denture were virtually undetectable at the back through wear and tear and I think deliberate alterations in the past. I had them 15 years.

My TMJ was starting to bother me and the Dental Hospital said I needed some back teeth to support the jaw at the back . I went along with this and well the rest is history. Its complicated as there's no way I will be able to take compression at the back on that side , so I don't know how they will tackle this situation. Next appt next week.

Thanks for you information tried to google NICO bot can't find it. Whatever the reason it's a latent time bomb waiting to erupt. If I could just get it under control again I would not make the same mistake twice . I have bi lateral TMJ and get spasm and tinnitus . The Dentist who helped before has retired. He used muscle testing methods to get things balanced . In the UK this is treated as quackery by the establishment so can't find another. I am trying out an Integrated Dentist in Scotland but means a lot of traveling.

I would appreciate it if you could direct me to NICO .

Kind Regards

Nick
Johnsonsyard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote