View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 04:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine View Post
Judge Judy does the same thing if a female is collecting SSD for back problems & have had children while collecting.

I don't disagree with her on some cases like this.

Like many here, I have an invisible disability, so I know that a brief glimpse does not show the whole picture. Judge Judy also seems intolerant of anyone under 65 who claims to be unable to work. I've certainly seen her make snide comments about the "disability"of a few people on that show, just because they are dressed appropriately for tv or are standing on their own, when we have no idea what their own life is like.

There are some situations, though, that really do make one question how total the disability is, like when a single parent living alone who says they have no problems raising the kids alone, can continue to make new babies and care for them. When my kids were small, doing the fairly physical job of being a home care/hospice nurse was far less physically challenging than being home with an infant and a toddler.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mz Migraine (01-27-2014), slashman48 (01-27-2014), St George 2013 (01-26-2014)