Thread: Provigil
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootStr8 View Post
Provigil works great for daytime drowsiness. I was on it for year treating my CRPS Type I, COPD and Sleep Apnea. But after I could no longer tolerate the CPAP/BiPAP Machine Pressure on my sinuses they (My Insurance) cut me off saying I refused to follow the prescribed Sleep Apnea regiment. My Pharmacist said it was the most expensive med I was on. Put 2+2 together and you get Provigil Cut Off! Got 'a love 'em...I understand that they have to watch their dollars but as I have multiple problems that cause me to lose a lot of sleep I wonder how they can just look at one of my conditions and say that it is the defining condition even though CRPS and COPD and Sleep Apnea are all Life Threatening!? But yes Provigil worked great and will likely be buying it myself going forward...
Is there a generic drug for provigil? My husband has taken it in the past for PBC, a disease of the liver that he has where he gets very tired during the afternoon. He is currently taking Nuvigil but the cost of it is causing us to explore other options. I had heard that there might be a generic for it.
Nanaof4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote