View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nick,

I am going to give you a link that explains, in great detail, NICO and different forms of Trigeminal Neuralgia. It is a lot of information but it is written well enough for anyone to understand.

As you will see both conditions can have a number of correlating origins. The diagnosis and treatment can be very difficult... to say the least. Unfortunately, general dentists and general physicians are not extensively educated on either of these conditions and for that reason I personally believe it is best to combine conventional diagnostic tools with integrative therapies to get the most benefit.

I hope that your new dentist is able to help guide you in a more profound way so you can get the relief that you need.

http://iaomt.org/wp-content/uploads/...is-of-NICO.pdf

It is common for people who are missing their posterior teeth to end up with bi lateral TMJ problems as the fundamental structure for chewing has been taken away causing a collapse within the entire occlusal plane. This is very different than say you were missing one or two teeth in the entire arch. So your issue most likely has many "origins" and medicating one will not alter the other. So you are smart to seek varied help in dealing with your situation.

Please keep us posted.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard View Post
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for your reply . My Denture is a partial Denture as I still have a few of my own teeth at the front. The teeth on my last Denture were virtually undetectable at the back through wear and tear and I think deliberate alterations in the past. I had them 15 years.

My TMJ was starting to bother me and the Dental Hospital said I needed some back teeth to support the jaw at the back . I went along with this and well the rest is history. Its complicated as there's no way I will be able to take compression at the back on that side , so I don't know how they will tackle this situation. Next appt next week.

Thanks for you information tried to google NICO bot can't find it. Whatever the reason it's a latent time bomb waiting to erupt. If I could just get it under control again I would not make the same mistake twice . I have bi lateral TMJ and get spasm and tinnitus . The Dentist who helped before has retired. He used muscle testing methods to get things balanced . In the UK this is treated as quackery by the establishment so can't find another. I am trying out an Integrated Dentist in Scotland but means a lot of traveling.

I would appreciate it if you could direct me to NICO .

Kind Regards

Nick
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote