Old 01-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Hi rtist,

I don't want you to feel bad that no one has responded yet. Many may be like me and not know the answer to your question.

I had a VE at my ALJ appt. I don't know what, if anything, it might mean if the SSA didn't arrange to have one at your hearing, or if one was booked by unable to attend at the last minute.

Did the questions that you were asked/testified to specifically cover that you are unable to stand/walk/sit or concentrate on a job for several hours at a time ?
That's ok, I wasn't sure how common this was. The vocational expert was not there, but the judge was very thorough. He asked how long I could sit, stand, etc.. I brought up the fact that I have panic attacks in public places, and he then asked how I would do if someone sat me down at a desk with no one around and gave me a task to accomplish, would I be able to do it, considering that I was by myself. I said I would try but ultimately, i'd lose focus and concentration, which is true. I think the hearing went well, the lawyer I had said it went well, so i'm trying to stay positive. It's this wait now thats stressing me out.... Im just about at wits end, having used up all my resources trying to bide my time, and now im reading sometimes it takes months for a decision, and its pretty stressful.
rtist7180 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote