View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi modernblitz,

I am in the dental field and can offer you some information here,

Your description of the upper right surgical site sounds like there is a sinus perforation and infection. Did the dentist say anything about a sinus perforation to you at the time of the surgery?

I would suggest that you call the dentist and tell him of these findings and ask if there was a sinus perforation. He may suggest a different regimen at home and ask you to stop the sockit gel. Sometimes they heal on their own, sometimes they need surgical intervention.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblitz View Post
I got my wisdom teeth out ten days ago. On the fourth day I was having severe throbbing pain from my jaw to ear. I went back to the dentist and he said I either have dry socket or an infection. So he treated them for both. He packed the bottom right extraction site with some clove paste and gave me an antibiotic. (Amoxicillin 875mg) Two days ago I noticed some type of yellowish/light greenish mucus inside the top right wisdom tooth hole. I thought maybe it was SockIt! that I had syringed into it about three days ago. (SockIt! Is an all-natural medicine you put into the holes to help protect them and ease the pain. I got this from my dentist also) I didn't think anything about it. Yesterday, I noticed it again when it ran onto the tooth mirror when I was looking inside the hole. It had been running down my cheek and I must have been swallowing it. It's has a really nasty salty rotting taste. The past few days I have been spitting up yellowish mucus, which I thought was odd because I wasn't having any sinus issues. The mucus like substance continues to fall from the hole and it has a very unpleasant taste. It is also now, three days later, coming from my right nostril. (NO CLUE WHY ITS THERE.) I called the dentist today and he put me on Clindamycin 150mg 2 caplets 4 times a day for 8 days. My jaw still hurts significantly. I take 600 mg IBU every four hours to curve this pain. And I'm really freaking out now because its coming through my right nostril and the smell is so disgusting I can't describe it. And it's not normal snot or anything thats ever came out of my nose. I'm starting to think I'll never get better. If anyone could provide some insight or has seen something like this please let me know, thanks in advance.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote