View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Essential Tremor and your story

Hello my name is Ashton, I am 18 years old and I was diagnosed with essential tremors when I was 3. Well first of all, all these threads are people just asking for help, I will tell my story and I want to hear back from you about your struggles with essential tremors so we can help eachother out.

From the age of 3 to about 9 I had a really hard time growing up. You know how mean kids can be. So I was an out cast, I couldn't draw or color like the other kids, and I couldn't hold on to my drinks they always spilled so I had to have sippy cups, and so on. I had to change schools every year till third grade when my parents had another kid and we finally settled down.

I got so frustrated after that I knew I had to show everyone how I could be better, so I spent the next few years learning to draw and learning how to play violin and viola. Once I turned 16 though I started having seizures and my doctors don't know why. So for tremors/ what they think are seizures I have taken propranolol, and for my tremors it was a miricle, for a month then they came back worse then ever, and it never helped my seizures.

So then I took topiramate and it doen't help my tremors at all but it does help my seizures. The only reason I wrote in my seizures is because my doctor seems to think my tremors and my seizures are connected I don't know whathe means other then they are both neurological. So other then that my tremors are getting worse at an amazing rate, and I am slightly worried because I was going to go into animation as my carrer, and I would really hate for this to take over my life I do love to play music. So whats your story?
ashtonblue8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote