View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 07:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nick,

I am going to give you a link that explains, in great detail, NICO and different forms of Trigeminal Neuralgia. It is a lot of information but it is written well enough for anyone to understand.

As you will see both conditions can have a number of correlating origins. The diagnosis and treatment can be very difficult... to say the least. Unfortunately, general dentists and general physicians are not extensively educated on either of these conditions and for that reason I personally believe it is best to combine conventional diagnostic tools with integrative therapies to get the most benefit.

I hope that your new dentist is able to help guide you in a more profound way so you can get the relief that you need.

It is common for people who are missing their posterior teeth to end up with bi lateral TMJ problems as the fundamental structure for chewing has been taken away causing a collapse within the entire occlusal plane. This is very different than say you were missing one or two teeth in the entire arch. So your issue most likely has many "origins" and medicating one will not alter the other. So you are smart to seek varied help in dealing with your situation.

Please keep us posted.
Bryanna
Hi Bryanna ,
Thank you so much for all the information. This puts more possibilities on the table. On Saturday I started to get feeling back and less pain , but by Sunday night it all came back again. I suspect its all tide in with the TMJ ? I am eating very soft food but more like a rabbit chewing on my few front teeth. I did not mention before that I also have a partial Denture up top. This has been amended to add height . I can wear this ok. Its the lower one which was also heightened at the back to give height that started things off again. I had been chewing "normally" with both Dentures when the nerve began to get irritated again . It's very red over that area with one area in particular like a deep red/blue spot from which it all originates.The Dentist I see in Scotland is an Integrated Dentist and a a member of the British Craniomandibular Group. He does Dentistry and Osteopathy. Not sure how he's going to get round this situation as like you indicated he was trying to replace my back teeth to help the TMJ?

Will let you know how things go, Wishing you well

Kind Regards

Nick
Johnsonsyard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote