View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
As I've said elsewhere, you need to be careful with this if you do it. You might even consider seeing if the Dobbs team at King's College (?) could work you into their study on this. PM Ron Hutton for contact info.

The need for care is that if you fill the bacteria with antibiotics and if your GI system is running slow, you end up with a toxic nightmare festering in your gut. Some folks have gone downhill in a major way because of this.

Using the wrong antibiotics can also make things worse. And even with the right ones the success rate is only about 75%.

Additional factors include the turmoil to your other microflora and a very real possibility that H pylori is not all bad, especially when in balance with the host.

Finally, you might want to go to Medline and search for "pylori" and "rhubarb" in hopes of improving that 75%.
Thank you for the warning Rick. I need to be careful anyway as I am allergic to Penicillin and do not react particularly well to any antibiotic. If I am tested positive I will try Probiotics first.

I am willing to try anything as my fatigue attacks are so bad and whilst all our symptoms are different my fatigue levels appear to be totally disproportionate to all my other symptoms and totally unaided by my PD drugs which have helped all my other symptoms.

Chris
Suffolkchris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote