Thread: Paresthesia
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
So I typically hang out in the RSD forum, but I also deal with chronic low back pain. I am having something that is called Paresthesia in one spot of my back located by my left shoulder blade. This just started a few months ago and it took me a little while to figure out what it was. For a minute I thought it was just RSD.

I have had a discectomy at L5S1 and above that I have a couple more discs that bulge, but none of the discs (that I am aware of) that are bulging are that high up on my spine, so I don’t understand the connection, or why the Paresthesia started.

Anyone else have this problem?
Hey Vrae,

You mentioned before somewhere along the lines that your B12 levels were low.. at least I think that was you. If that is true then the first thing I would do is get some liquid B12 or ask your doctor if he/she can give you a round of B6 & B12 injections. Since you have full body CRPS a spot of numbness anywhere along nerve paths isn't all that surprising but with a history of low B12 that would be of concern for both issues.

Could that numbness have come about after your fainting and falling episode? Perhaps you hit your shoulder and didn't realize it and caused bruising or something that might cause transient numbness? It is annoying to have numb patches but if there aren't other symptoms of anything in that spot then I would up the B12, call your doctor and start a regular routine of gentle touching, light massage and epsom salt soaks. If it starts spreading down a specific nerve dermatome or path that would seem like a more urgent cause for concern.. except that you have CRPS so likely it would be from that.

Journal it, start normal precautions as if it is transient and alert your doctor.. that is my humble advice

Take care Vrae!!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote