View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your reply Bryana.

I went in today for a appointment. I told the surgeon everything that was happening, and he checked out the socket. He said he didn't see anything in my mouth nor has he ever heard anything like this. I suggested that I have a sinus infection. I explained to him how i have had several sinus infections, and none of them have smelled like this or came out of a tooth socket hole. At this point he got agitated with me and told the nurse to do some type of scan on my mouth.

I did a scan with the dental tech. When the doctor returned he acted really surprised to find that I was right. He wanted to look at the socket right away again. He seemed really concerned all the sudden. The whole right side of my sinuses were blocked on the scan, nothing on the left side. I asked how it was possible this was coming out of my socket. He explained that the hole is so close to the nasal cavity and there's so much fluid in my cavity that it must have leaked through the socket hole. This sounds like a perforated hole from nasal cavity to socket. He didn't act like it was a big deal at all, should I be worried? He prescribed me Augmentin 500-125 1 tab, 3 times a day. I thought it was kind of odd that he would prescribe me the Augmentin because I just completed a week dosage of Amox and it didn't really do anything. So I'm taking that and Clindamycin 150mg 2 caplets 4 times.

The infection continues to come out of my nose and smells ungodly. (Think cat pee, poop, salt, and rotted flesh all combined) I have been using my Netipot in the morning and at night. The infection comes pouring out, its gross. To help get rid of the smell i put vix in my nose while I'm at work. I continually chew gum. I figured this would help exercise my jaw while getting rid of the smell.

I have another appointment on Friday. Hopefully I can report progress at the upcoming appointment.
modernblitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote