View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
Hello Mark,
Since you “survived“ the initial high dose of Pred, I would not change anything till your next appointment, 7 days more do not make any difference.
Thanks Maurice. I've been actually enjoying the Preds. They make me feel like I can hit home-runs for the New York Yankees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
One other thing, Time span is usually given to patients who have difficulties after the night sleep because it has a longer period of action (12 hrs versus 4 hours), you may think about that to reduce your expenditures.
Maurice.
On page 17 of the MG Manual I read that a "timed-release tablet of pyridostigmine is useful as a bedtime dose for patients who are too weak to swallow in the morning. However, its absorption is erratic, leading to possible overdose and underdose and it should not be used during waking hours." (emphasis added).

After reading this, and given that I started to experience some weakness in my upper body, I decided to forgo the Sunday evening dose last night, sticking to the three 60 MG Pyridostignine tablets during my waking hours. Unless it is my imagination, my upper-body muscles feel a bit stronger today.

This issue is on my list to discus with my neurologist next week.

BTW, what are the likely effects on my body when we start to decrease the Pred dose to maintenance levels? Is there anything I can do now to mitigated these effects? I can tell that the Preds have elevated my mood, perhaps even a bit manic. Will I crash and burn when when the dose diminishes?

-Mark-

Last edited by Panorama; 01-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote