View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too personally would get a second opinion and even a third before undergoing this surgery. Also, I would ask if only C7 is the problem and that is all that is being worked on during surgery will the C 5/6 nerve openings just fix themselves?

Spine surgery in my opinion is not a surgery that anyone should go into without consulting at minimum one other surgeon and two others if the opinions and recommendations don't match. I second what Ginnie recommended as far as not sharing the previous doctors notes and getting a unbiased fresh opinion.

There is just to much risk.. here is a very sad and enlightening story about what by all appearances and credentials this Neurosurgeon seemed excellent.. sadly that wasn't the case and many suffered at under his hands, including a childhood friend who was left paralyzed after what should have been a simple day cervical spinal surgery. http://www.texasobserver.org/anatomy-tragedy/

I'm not sharing this to scare you just to caution you that in pain we all want things done quickly but sometimes it is better to be patient and confident before committing.

Either way you go.. best of luck to you - wishing you a speedy recovery!!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-27-2014)