Thread: severe rls
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default RLS can be a symptom of Lyme disease

Everyone in my family and many of my friends have Lyme disease and some of the co-infections that can come with a tick bite. I would say that half of them all have RLS as a symptom. I did, and now that my Lyme disease is under control, I no longer have RLS. You might wan to consider Lyme. Do you have any other symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1947 View Post
I have been diagnosed with restless legs for about 15 years. My physician started me on a mile dose of requip before it was a recognized rls medicine. Since then I have increased the dosage about every other year. Two months ago my physician recommended increasing from 1 mg. twice an evening to 2mg. extended release twice an evening. I had a communication problem with this physician's office staff so I quit the Dr. and went to a new one that I like so much better. The new Dr. recommended I change from requip extended release to neupro patch. I am having trouble getting off the requip. Any thoughts about how to get off and whether neupro is better than requip. Also, the new Dr. may be thinking requip extended release may be causing augmentation. I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
stella7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote