View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
We are not gluten free but try to not eat much of it. I could not access the article either, but my googling did teach me some things:

1. 9 out of 10 cases of celiac go unnoticed. Unless you have some obvious symptoms, I read that the only way to tell if you have a problem with gluten is a biopsy of the small intestine, no thanks!

2. I was finding some interesting articles about gluten and cognitive issues in young people (basically dementia but these people were far too young for that)....in most of the cases, once the patients went off gluten, their cognitive issues resolved....and one patient stabilized. In all cases, going off of gluten was a good thing.

3. There are several books out about gluten and its ill effects, such as inflammation of the joints, bloating even if you are not gluten intolerant....

4. gluten is not just in wheat, you have to watch barley, rye, etc.

We may try again to be more scientific about reducing or even eliminating gluten and if we see improvement, will let everyone here know. It's hard, though, when you have kids in the house!
Until I read most of the studies done by Dr. Pearlmutter from his website -

http://www.drperlmutter.com/learn/st...udy_tag=gluten

I have to say, I had never understood that gluten sensitivity can be manifested as neurological disorders as we have been suffering. So, read these researches while trying, and you will find these studies are profound...
wxxu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote